Director of Personal Training
Involved in sports his whole life; Miguel has always had strong enthusiasm for competition and athletic performance. A multiple sport athlete growing up, he developed a separating devotion to football as he started getting recruited in high school. His time as a collegiate and professional football player not only enhanced his passion for the sport but his interest in athletic development. Strength and conditioning was a natural career transition.
Miguel's athlete mentality carries over to his drive to motivate and help other athletes get better as their coach. After spending two years as an intern and assistant strength coach with the University of Florida strength and conditioning department, Miguel joins the Crossfit Gainesville staff with an extensive training background working with elite athletes. He specializes in Olympic weightlifting and sport specificity training. He believes with proper coaching the Crossfit style workouts can empower any athlete to thrive because they force the athlete to be resilient and adapt to whatever stress is being presented just like in sport and life.
He is excited about being apart of the CFG team and plans to provide the CFG members with dedicated coaching.
Certification and Education
- National strength and conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine, Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
- National Association of Speed and Explosion, Certified Speed Specialist (CSS)
- University of Florida B.S. Recreation, Leisure and Fitness Studies
- USAW Sports performance coach level 1
Masters of Science- Exercise Science- Concentration: Performance Enhancment and Injury Prevention
Athletic Coaching Achievements
- 2006/2008 National champion University of Florida Gators football
- All league second team IFL football- Kentucky drillers 2012
- Rehabilitate and train MLB outfielder Derrick Robinson- preseason program before his award-winning season in 2013
- A part of UF strength staff for 2014 ALC Lacrosse champions